Monument to the first airdrop

Allied aid

Lama Golese, Rescadore, Villa Minozzo (Re) | 44.29840 E - 10.42792 N |

Lama Golese was the location of the Reggio Emilia mountain partisan training camp, and it was here, on the night of 19 May 1944, that the Allies made the first airdrop. Apart from its strategic value, this event was of great political significance: the airdrop of weapons and logistic and medical equipment constituted full recognition of the partisans’ guerrilla operations.

The Airdrop and training camp are commemorated at a monument near Lama Golese, by the Fosso degli Arati stream, near Casa Enel.

Download the App