Villa Faccetta Nera
The command post of Armando's partisans
It was in this house that Armando established his Command Post in autumn 1944, after the local partisans had occupied the town on 2 October 1944. The first town council was established in the nearby Town Hall, and the former sanatorium became the partisan hospital, treating all those wounded in military operations. The Farneti hotel, facing the pinewood by the church, became the base of the Oss (Office of Strategic Services), part of Partisan Detachment D.